- Hello, Scott! Back in 2012, you had a big reunion show. How was it to play live again? Did you have any other gigs after it?
- It’s always an awesome feeling t play live for our fans! Even after almost 20 years of not playing with this line up it was like we never stopped. Yes we’ve played a few shows since, Delaware Death Fest and some local shows.
- Last year you released "Orchestrated Devastation - The Best of". Who came up with that idea and what was the criteria of choosing the songs?
- It has been something we’ve been wanting to do for years, we let our fans from Facebook choose the songs.
- We can also find there a new version of "Irreversibly Broken" track. What exactly is the difference from the EP's version?
- We will be re-recording it for our full length coming this year with new drum tracks.
- The CD was released on Brutality's own label Ceremonial Records. Besides that, you reissued your first 2 albums on vinyl. Are you going to use this label for Brutality stuff only or is there any chance for other bands as well?- We started the label to release our own stuff but now are releasing our first band next month from Miami “KOROIDIA”
- Among other recent releases I also have to mention a huge edition of demo compilation which includes some rare live gigs. How long did it take to organize the whole process and to collect all the material?
- After Death Productions contacted us and we all put it together. It took us about 6 months before it was ready for release. "Ruins of Humans" on limited 7” vinyl.We are talking about a full record deal and are hoping on a future relationship with them.
- In 2008 Metal Mind released remastered digipacks of "Screams of Anguish" and "When the Sky Turns Black". What do you think about those editions and how did you like the sound?
- They released all three of our albums without our permission, Nuclear Blast once again fucked us over we never received any royalties from those releases.
- All your full-length albums were produced by legendary Jim Morris. He also took part in the creation of the "Ruins of Humans" EP. How was it to see him again and to work together after so many years?
- Jim is like family we’ve worked with him for over 20 years. Morrisound is like a second home to us.
- Do you plan to invite him to work on your new album as well?
- Yes Jim Morris will be working with us on the new LP. Like I said he’s family and is part of the Brutality sound.
- Regarding your new album, lately you competed funding via Indiegogo campaign. Who suggested to start it? Are you satisfied with the results?
- We thought we would try it and let the fans be part of the rebirth of the band but we are a little disappointed in the final results. But now we know who our true fans are and we hail them for there support.
- Do you already have a final vision of Brutality's new album? Could you share any information with us?
- All we can say is True Death Metal Fans will have something to talk about when it’s released. We think its going to be some of the best music we’ve ever writing and are very excited about it.
- What are your plans for 2015?
- We are writing and recording the new LP with hopes to sign with Mighty Music and start spreading Brutality across the globe.
- Thanks a lot for the interview, Scott. Hope to see you soon in Europe!
- Thank you for this and stay brutal!
GET YOUR COPY
OF THE NEW ISSUE