- Hello, Pe! Let's talk about your latest release "Idolatry of the Unethical". So what exactly do you mean by "unethical"?
- Hi man. We want to mean exactly what the word means, Non ethical things that happen everyday around us. The world is full of unethical acts that are really common things. People agree about many laws or human behavior that are not ethical, even acting that way. Masses worship that kind of behavior that reveal their repressed internal nature.
- Is that a conceptual album? Are the topics raised in this album anyhow different from your previous releases?
- Last stuff continues the path of previous albums. Human behaviors are the main topic of our lyrics and we will try to continue this way on our next albums. The last one is not as explicit as the previous, more abstract or symbolic maybe. We tried to give a different aesthetic to the lyrics this time because sometimes is more shocking how you tell a story rather than what you are telling itself.
- This album is dedicated to all your fans around the world. How could you comment on it? How did you come up with that idea?
- Yes, we know there are a lot of Cerebral Effusion supporters around the world and we try to improve in every album and all our stuff is for real BDM people. CE tries to do the best of us and shows our feelings in each riff. We wanted to express our gratitude for supporting our fucking skulls during 18 years!!
- To support this CD you also released a video "Unscrupulous Inebriated Emaciation". Who is the guy who played the main role of a junkie? The drug addiction, how vital is that topic for you?
- Ohhhh yes, the video recording was fucking unscrupulous!! The main actor is one of CE best friends. We thought in that guy when we decided to make that short. We trusted him and knew the perfect situation for recording this video. Drug addiction is not a fictional topic, it is the real world situation, and addiction modifies completely human behaviors, people change their lives cause of drug problems and they never realize the real situation around them. Drugs, alcohol, politics, internet and more common things like these modify the individuals essence and manipulate our opinions and behaviors. The human suggestion is the biggest weapon of human destruction.
- From the musical point of view, what could you say about this album? How would you compare it to your previous works?
- We don’t like to compare our stuff, it is an evolution, we did that we thought on each album. Evolution is something that happens. I can say that on "Idolatry of the Unethical" album we spent more time that in other releases.
- How did you like the result that you got from Tsun Tsun Productions? How did you find Alexander and what can you say about the whole process in general?
- Working with Sasha was fucking awesome, we found him in the net and he was very proud to work with CE coz he is a really good fan of the band. He understood our ideas and quickly sent us a mixing track. Then we worked hard together during some weeks and there is the final result. We are very happy with his job and final stuff.
- Interesting fact, your 2 first albums have 9 songs each, your 2 last albums have 7 songs each. Is that just a coincidence or rather an intention?
- There is no intention. It is about the whole album time. Our albums have around 30 minutes of fucking BDM coz we think that it is the perfect album duration.
- All of your albums are released by a different label, was it your explorative path across the underground metal industry?) How do you like being now a part of New Standard Elite?
- We always were really glad with all labels. They worked really well with CE. Unmatched Brutality Records was fucking good label for our debut album, they worked nice with their bands. Gorigiastic Records was cool too, Andres was the owner of a good label in that moment and we decided to add ourselves to GR. Then Steve from Comatose music, one of the best labels in the scene, offered us a really good deal and he did a really very good job with Cerebral Effusion. And now we are working with Dan from New Standard Elite coz this guy is a really fan of CE and works really hard with their bands. NSE is wonderful place for BDM band like us. We are very proud to work with all the labels we joined.
- In June you have a big USA tour. Could you tell us a bit more about it? What do you expect from this tour?
- Oh yes, we will fly to US and visit NV,NM,TX,OK,MO,CO,UT and CA. It is awesome we will meet again with Dan and a lot of NSE family bands, cant wait to be there. We are really fanatics of US food and we will enjoy eating there.....hahahahaha. We will play in LVDF and it is really cool place to play and spread our sickness.
- Have you already started working on the new album? Could you share any information regarding the current band's status?
- Yes, we are working on new stuff but we are also arranging set list for next shows right now. When we finish next gigs we will focus on composing new stuff, we always compose songs slowly so it will take us some time to do it.
- How could you describe the Spanish metal scene? Could you name any local underground bands?
- Yes, there is good local bands here, I think you will know Basque Country bands like Virulency and Carnivorous Voracity, Basque scene is growing and there is growing a lot of bands here, we are very glad to be part of Basque scene. On the contrary, shows here are fucking shit coz there is not many people going to them so......really sad!!!
- Thank you for this interview, Pe! Would you like to say some words to our readers and your fans?
- Thank you for this interview and your support!