- Hello, Andres! Next month you are going to enter the studio to record your long-awaited album. How could you describe this new material? How many tracks will the CD consist of?
- The new album can be called a “progression” from the previous material, we focused more on the song-writing than on going fast, up tempo all the time. Each individual riff has been carefully crafted in order to give the listener a more memorable experience. Don’t worry though, the insane speeds and ferocity are still there while taken to a new level!. The new album will consist of 10 tracks in total.
- What is your current line up? Is it final and the one that will participate in the recordings?
- The current line-up is Fabio Marín (Vocals), Fabio “Dr. Grinder” Ramírez (Drums), Andrés García (Bass) and Diego Alonso de Abel (live session Guitar). This is the same line-up who recorded the new album except for the guitar player who was Michel Tarazona.
- How much time did you spend on composing the music for this album? Did you have any difficulties?
- We spent over 1 year and a half writing the new album. There was no difficulties at all, we just took the time we needed until we determined the songs were good enough to be part of the new album.
- Eric Rutan produced your last 2 albums, and brought the band to a new level of sound and quality. Will you continue working with him or did you decide to chose someone else?
- Yeah, Erik did an excellent job on our last 2 albums, indeed. We are working with Stefano Morabito from 16th Cellar Studios (FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE, HOUR OF PENANCE, EYECONOCLAST) for this new album and can’t be happier with the result so far, the recording quality and the production itself is just amazing.
- On "Awakening of the Rebel" and "Chaotic Matrix" every track has an extended title, besides that, Chaotic represents a conceptual trilogy. It's not that common for Brutal Death bands. How can you explain this titling of your songs and will you apply the same method for the upcoming album as well?
- Yeah, the new album will definitely have that kind of “subtitles” and will be divided into 3 chapters. The extended titles as you call them are basically, as I just said, “subtitles” that take the reader deeper into the concept of each track, is like a further explanation of what the lyrical concept of that individual song is about.
- You provided the cover concepts that were used to create some of Internal Suffering's previous releases. Do you already know how the new one will look like? Who is responsible for creating your new album art?
- Yeah, we already have in mind the whole concept for the new album cover, Tony Koehl will take care of it, he also did our latest album cover so you know what to expect from his masterful art.
- You moved to Spain. What was the reason for such a decision? How do you like it living in Madrid?
- We love Madrid, really enjoy living here as well as what the city has to offer in all its extent. We ended up relocating here as by the time we re-united, our singer and drummer lived here so it was the natural thing to do. Also, I went to University here and everything just fell in place.
- To finish this interview, when can we expect new CD and do you plan any tours to support it?
- The new album should be out this summer/autumn via Unique Leader Records. We’ll be touring Europe starting april 18th and then will announce more dates around the world. Keep checking our Facebook page for further updates
- Thanks a lot, Andres, what would you like to say to our readers?
- I invite all your readers to check out our upcoming album, if you are a fan/lover of brutal death metal and death metal in general we are sure you will love it! Thanks a lot to your excellent magazine, much appreciated!
Make sure to catch Internal Suffering playing live!