- Hello, Martin! It has been announced that after 2 years of delay you have started working on your new album again. What was the reason to postpone the release date?
- Well the whole thing was pretty stupid and out of our hands really. Cos our old guitar player had a custom guitar made. So we started recording the drums and put my guitar on first, but then he wanted to use his custom guitar for the recording as well, so we pretty much had to sit on our asses and wait for it to get made and shipped to him, a lot of waiting and wasted time that we really apologize to our fans for.
- In 2013 you mentioned that the album would include 10 tracks, but the actual set-list shows 11. Did you make any changes in the songs that planned to be launched in 2013?
We had more inspiration and just decided to make another song, didn't want any of those slams to go to waste, hehe.
- With every new album we saw a significant improvement of the general band's sound. What kind of Kraanium can we expect with "Chronicles of Perversion"?
- An instrumental song with a solo actually, done by the great Tony Tipton of Necrotic Disgorgement and Regurgitation. He also does the mixing and mastering of our new CD. I think we have evolved a lot on this album. Without really putting a finger on how but expect harder slams and more brutal lyrics than ever before. Also we got Sergej from Epichardiectomy and Larry Wang from Gorepot and Coprocephalic on guest vocals to top it off.
- Are you still satisfied with Marco Hasmann's cover artwork? Are you going to make any changes in it before the release? Did you have any alternative covers?
- Fuck yeah, could not be happier! He did an excellent job on the artwork and made it more brutal than we could ever imagine. We basically told him the album title and gave him free leaches to Make whatever we wanted, and it turned out perfectly , and no we have nothing we wanted to change before the release. Would most definitively work with him again if we get the chance. Never had any alternative covers cos we knew Marco would do a great job.
- Do you think that your music somehow influenced the local underground scene? Norway is still considered to be a territory with the dominance of Black Metal, with a very rare appearance of Death Metal bands.
- We don’t really have one underground scene for the genre we play here in Norway, but I hope we can influence others with what we do. Isn't that the best reward one musician can have? Hehe!
- How did you like the work with Pathologically Explicit Recordings on the Split, did you like the final result?
- Yeah we liked working with Fernando on all the 3 first releases. He is a very professional guy!
- Do you plan any further splits? Any exclusive editions for your fans and collectors?
- For now we only have the new album planned. But both our first albums will be released on vinyl through Pathologically explicit recordings and we are very exited for this.
- Tell us a bit about your activities within Slam Crew.
- Slam crew is a brand and page for creating unity and a stamp of quality for underground slamming death metal bands. And also for promoting the scene. We also print our own merch.
- Do you already have any major plans for this year?
- Play shows and bring the slamming brutality to the masses!
- That's all, Martin. Thank you for the interview. Do you have anything to say to our readers?
- Thanks for the interview and also a big thank you and hails to all our true slamming fans world wide!!!
Pre-order your copy now!
GET YOUR COPY
OF THE NEW ISSUE