months of work the idea man had a heart attack, then the publisher was in the hospital some time after this, so the book took an extra year to finally come out. It should have been ready for my 50'th but this year I will be 52 in September, but I guess, better late than never!
- There are 2 versions available, in English and in German. Do you plan to extend the coverage and to publish the book in any other languages?
- No, unless there becomes a demand, time will tell. The book was released December 18th so it's relatively new I suppose.
- 2 years ago you released your 12th full-length album, The Witchhunt, which is awesome. What do you usually feel once your new opus is finally released? Is it still the same as 20 years ago?
- Actually like any record, by the time we are finished mixing and mastering, I seldom listen to it again for a long time at least 6 months unless I am forced to hear it somewhere. Of course I am proud of every record I have ever released, but some have better budgets, sometimes the songwriting is better etc. So you take it as it is and hope the people like it. The Witch Hunt is by far the best release we have ever done in my opinion regardless of what the critics say.
- Do you have a special place at home that is dedicated to all your achievements during your career? Do you keep all the copies ever released with your participation? (and it's not "just a few")
- All the stuff is in boxes so no there is no altar to Master, my house is not big enough. I will say in my office that I have several pictures of the various lineups over the years above the computer.
- How is the process of your new album creation going? Can you already reveal any information and share it with your fans?
- I have written 22 new songs so far, we will begin rehearsing later in the year as we have many shows and tours coming up so busy is the key word at the moment. The album will be recorded in June I guess.
- Master is quite an active band with lots of touring and several festivals attendance. But how do you spend your free time? Do you have any other hobbies than music?
- I spend my free time relaxing mostly, writing. I will eventually release the autobiography if the pictorial does well! I like fishing, riding my bike in the forest when the weather permits, walking my dogs etc.
- And the last question. Do you think there is any chance for Krabathor resurrection? That would be a blast!
- Krabathor has been resurrected without me and will play 6 shows in 'Czech and Slovakia this year in March! I will be on tour with Master at the same time. I saw the lineup with Christoper, Bruno and Pegas at Brutal Assault last year and they killed it. We went to the festival together and spent a few days there. It was like old times when we first met on the Malevolent Creation, Master and Krabathor, only Skull was missing, pity really!
Master on Facebook