- Hey, Kreft! Could you tell us the story of Nailgun Massacre creation? How did you meet each other and decide to create a band?
- We are all veterans in the scene and know each other for a long time. In 2010/ 2011 we decided to get together and make an album in the vein of old masters of death metal like: Autopsy, Death, Impetigo, Obituary and so on. We combined this with artwork from the B-horror movies of the eighties and voila: Nailgun Massacre was born!
Where was this album recorded and how did the whole process go?
- There are no guest vocals on this album. There are so many bands doing it now, that it seems to us it makes no sense any more. Paul is all long time friend of ours and just happened to be on tour in a city near our hometown. We had a few beers and we let him listen to the new Nailgun….and then he just did it; spot on! He is a great vocalist, hail to the Master!
- The artwork represents a bunch of characters from different horror movies from 80s. Is it your favorite type of movies? Who was working on the artwork concept?
- Artwork in done by Maurice (my nephew) from Mastering Graphics. He is the mastermind of Gnaw their Tongues and Aderlating. He knows what we love, and loves old school horror and slashers!!
- Band's name also comes after an old school slasher movie. What is your attitude towards this category of cinema? Could you name some of your favorite movies?
- I can name you a ton of movies, we get so much inspiration from it. Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Beyond, Cannibal Holocaust, the Thing, Friday the 13th, Inferno and so on. But we like some of the new school as well: Martyrs, Frontiers, Livide, the Horde….the French masterpieces.
- This time Peter was responsible for all lyrics on the CD. How serious do you take it and what is the source of your inspiration?
- I can talk for him, but I know Peter as great innovative horror story teller, and never takes thing too seriously.
- How did you move to Xtreem Music? And what happened to Peters label Slowrunner Records? Weren't you planning to release and support your albums as well as other old school death metal bands?
- We had some bad history with labels, so we decided to do it ourselves. That is when Slowrunner Records came to life. But it is hard work to do everything your self. So when Dave came along with Xtreem, and all his connections and devotion to the scene, we didn’t have to think twice. He is such a great guy and we love all that he does with his bands and Xtreem!
- How are you going to support your new full-length?
- Like we always do; destroying every stage live!!
- Thank you for the interview, Kreft! Would you like to say anything in the end?
- Thanks for your intrest in Nailgun Massacre and supporting the old school death metal scene!!
And check out the new album!!!