- Hello, Eisen! How are you doing? I see that you have some gigs and festival appearance announced. Tell us a bit about the upcoming shows.
- Yeah, things are going very well, since Martin re-joined us. While you read this, we will do our first oversea shows ever! The singer of Oxidized Razor organized 5 shows for us in Mexico... This is a dream become true for us. For the Obscene Extreme we'll hit the stage in July. This is a honour for us been part of this big festival with so many great bands and friends. We'll be there with a special Impulse to destroy set. We just only rehearse old Songs, so this shouldn't be a big problem.
The later shows will also be killer: NRW Deathfest with. Avulsed, Deteriorot... and finally Rape the Escape in Vienna with also many great bands. We had to reject many other offers, but try to feed them later.
- How do you usually get prepared for such events? How do you decide on the set-list? Do you have a list of "must-play" songs?
- At the moment we play nearly all songs, we rehearsed with the fresh line up. Later we have to drop some. For sure, most of the songs are a must play!
- Have you ever tried to launch an interactive voting for some songs to be played during a certain show? What do you think about it?
- No - I think this is nothing for the underground. That's what a band like Coldplay could do. We almost registrate, which songs the people like more and which not.
- How did you get a deal to re-release a split with Impetigo? What can you say about this edition? Do you plan to get any more splits anytime soon?
- Roman from Bizzarre Lerous prod offered this for us and we just did it, because this stuff is sold ou since a long time and stands for the actual line up. Last year there was the re-release of O Agios Pethane and later this year Christbait will be reanimated again.
- Last year there was another tribute to Blood released. What do you think when you listen to other bands playing your songs? Do you have any favourites so far?
- This was such a great honour for a small band like blood. I never thought it becomes true, because the first plans were from 2012. The best thing is, that there are bands at this release, we are huge fans of like Lividity... many versions are real killer. Too bad, the songtitles in the booklet have so many faults.
- What about you playing other bands' songs? Are there any specific tracks you would like to cover? It can be even non-metal bands...
- Not at all. Blood was never a good cover band. In the past we had a Hellhammer and a Impetigo cover on vinyl/CD, but I think this is nothing for us.
- At the current moment the band stays independent, without a support from any label. Do you plan to fix this situation? What are the possible candidates to be on the agenda?
- I don't know, when we'll have any new material ready to record. We get many offers from underground labels, but we don't need to hurry. I cannot tell you more now.
- The last Blood's full-length was in 2003. Can you share the band's activities during that period of time? Were you just focused on your personal affairs, not music related?
- The biggest thing was, that I moved 700 kilometers away from the others and wrote all the music together with Ventilator. The last second guitar player Hanzi was good to play the old Blood songs, but to create new stuff with him and Ventilator didn't work.
- Do you have any news regarding your new album? When can we expect it?
- Sorry - no news...
- You have many songs that are too short, what do you do in order not to forget how to play them? Do you have a special notebook with all your songs and riffs written down?
- I just wrote the riffs of some songs down, but normally it's enough to have the songs recorded, so we could listen to them, if we would play them again.
OK - the old things have a bad sound. You won’t take notice to the riffs and stuff, but I remember most - that's like driving a bike - you cannot forget, how it works.
- Which of your albums do you consider your personal favourite and why? Which one had the most success?
- I love nearly all of our outputs, because I remember a special studiotime. The best in my opinion are O Agios Pethane and Depraved Goddess. There we had the most intense sound and songwriting.
During the years our debut album had the most success. It was rereleased several times also on CD and later again on vinyl. That was a giant release for us back in 1989!
- After being in the band for almost 30 years, what does Blood mean to you know? What are your best memories across the whole Blood's history?
- Blood is the biggest part in my Life. Blood never was something professional. We always wanted it as a hobby. That's the secret of running it for such a long time. We don't need to put out an album or forced to do something. We just do what we like, that's it.
We had so many great memories during all those years. The best is to be part of the scene and know so many great people and bands. I also love to travel and have the chance to see different cities and countries without any costs...
- Thank you for this interview, Eisen! Would you like to add anything to our conversation?
- Thanks for your interest and thanks to all who are still in us after that long time... We'll play for you!