- Hello, Anders! Could you introduce your band? Correct me if I'm wrong, but originally you started this band being the only constant member, didn't you?
- Hi man! The thing is this is only a musical project not a band, with lots of musicians involved! Its started out like a solo project, but did grow in to a steamrolling death metal sect hahaha! Rogga Johansson did join in shortly after the birth of the project and did bring in the idea to have lots of different vocals
- Let's talk a bit about your debut album, "Precis innan gryningen". First of all, what does that title mean? How is that related to your lyrics?
- Precis innan Gryningen = Just Before Dawn =The element of surprise in war tactics!
- You had 8 guest musicians on that CD, one per each song. How did you choose the people you wanted to work with?
- Its only 7 singer actually, Jonas Lindblood does appear on 2 tracks! I've asked around friends about appearing on the album. They where very exited to be a part of the project
- How could you describe the whole recording process? Was it difficult to organize everyone and to get the exact result you wanted?
- The whole recording process are simple! I do the whole writing process of the tracks! Some riffs come from Roggan Johansson and some riffs from Jonny Petterson then I build the trax together. I recorded all guitars and bass, Brynjar Helgetun records all drums and sends it over digital to me, then I send out tracks to the crowd of singers and solo guitarist, who starts laying down there stuff! Almost everyone have delivered perfect results! Lyrics are written by some singer and some of them Rogga Johansson and Jonny Petterson, Ralf Hauber writes and are delivered out to singers. Then Benny Morberg mixes and masters the albums! When you are working with this much guys it takes about a year to make an album! Some deliver fast and some slow
- In 2014 you released your next album, "The Aftermath". From the cover I can say that you again used war related topics in your songs.
- Yes this project is war based, I think this steamrolling death metal tunes are like a Tank going over a Battlefield! Really easy to get the lyric to fit the music!
- How could you describe the music on it? How different is it from the debut album?
- This album is more melodic then the first album that was more strait on oldschool Death Metal. But it’s not that different then the first
- That time again, you had just enormous amount of guests. Could you select a couple of your favourite tracks from this CD and tell a bit about the creation process and the cooperation with the guest musician?
- My favorit tracks on the album are Dave Ingram's track LIGHTNING WAR and David Nilsson's track BASTOGNE! Its not that much to tell about the creation process. Just shipping out tracks to the guys a hope they delivers! And they do! Both Dave and David is really great and easy guys to work with no bull shit just straight on Death Metal Maniacs!
- Recently you released "Grave Without Crosses" single. What can you say about it? Will Jonny Pettersson appear on any other songs as well?
- I can say that Just Before Dawn has write their first power death metal ballad hahaha a really epic song in the veins of Hypocrisy! Jonny Petterson is a full member in JBD so yes he´s going to be on lots of tracks! The track Grave Without Crosses will also be on our 5 track EP THE DEAD AND THOSE ABOUT TO DIE! that is going to be released this year!
- Beside Just Before Dawn you also play the guitar in Blood Mortized. What are the latest news in the band? Are you working on the new material?
- We are at the time working on our new album! With a whole new line up! Only Gustav Myrin and I are the once left from the band! We have recruited new members Pelle Ekegren from Grave on drums and Ludvike Engellau from Demonical on vocal and Alexander Nord on bass! And are stronger then ever!
- I would also like to ask you a bit about Amon Amarth. You were one of the original members. Could you please tell us about first days of Scum and how later this band was transformed into Amon Amarth?
- I Joind Scum in 92 after leaving my first band Pathalog that I had whit Gustav Myrin! We did some gigs and a demo THORE ARISE (that was never released) with the name Scum! Shortly after that we change the name to Amon Amarth and recorded the demo THE ARRIVAL OF THE FIMBUL WINTER! The rest is history
- Together with Amon Amarth you recorded the debut album "Once Sent from the Golden Hall". What could you say about that CD? Why did you leave the band after its release?
- We did get a relay great contract with Metal Blade records shortly after we have started working on new stuff! We entered Sunlight Studios to recorded the new album but the result where not any good! It was a catastrophic production by the guys at S.S , So we entered Peter Tätgrens studio Abyss once more and we did get the real A.A sound! So the debut was recorded 2 times hahaha. I left the band shortly after recording the album and a short tour in Germany! I had been a father in 6 moths by then and the psycho mother of my kid has fuckt up and left me! So my life at that time was that good, start losing interest in the band, did not have the time so to speak
- Alright, Anders. Thank you for this interview. In the end, would you like to share with us your future plans for Just Before Dawn?
- Thank you man! The future plans are to release the new EP! And we have a new full-length album coming out next year! A really dark piece off tank busting death metal album with names like Martin Von Drunen, Dave Ingram, Stephan Gebedi, Kam Lee, Rick Rozz and many many more to appear! So keep your eyes open! CHEERS!
Biazzi over and out!