- Hello, Jacob! You are working on the new album now, how could you describe your new material? Will it be the Defeated Sanity as we know it?
- Hey there, yes we are heavily working on our new album right now. The new material will definitely surprise a lot of people. I think for our fans this will still be DS but for the people that are not too familiar with us and just put us in the category of "brutal death" it will some kind of a shock I'm sure.
- Have you already chosen the title? How do you usually chose them?
- We have a fixed title for one part of the split, but are still not decided on the title for part 2. It will all be announced with the release of the album, we will keep it under our belt until then.
- Who is responsible for the upcoming LP's artwork?
- Same here, we have a few candidates but nothing is decided yet. First we want the music to be fully recorded, then we move on to the cover art.
- There is information that this CD will be split into 2 parts, could you comment it somehow? Will there be 2 different concepts developed within one album?
- Yep, it could be described as two totally different concepts musically, but on the lyrical side they will be connected in some way. We have the Brutal Death EP and the Oldschool Tech-Death EP. It will more or less sound like two separate EPs from two different bands, which is exactly what we intended.
- Tell us a bit about your Split 7 with Mortal Decay. What song did you include in there? Was it written especially for this release?
- There will be a 7" Split Vinyl with Mortal Decay featuring just one track from each band. Our contribution is a song from our upcoming album called "Generosity of the Deceased" which was first intended to just be a demo/pre-production for the new album. Then I properly mixed this recording and we use it for the Split. It will be some kind of collector's piece I guess, it will be out really soon on Goatgrind Records.
- Let me ask about "Chapters of Repugnance". How did A.J. Magana join the band? Did you have any tours with him?
- We contacted him through Derek Boyer from Suffocation, who initiated this for us.
We've been a fan of AJ's performances in Disgorge and Deprecated and he wasn't active for a long time until we got him in the band. We had him fly over to Europe two times for tours and studio and played one US tour together.
- And then again he was invited as a guest to perform on one song from "Passages into Deformity". How did rehearsal and recording go?
- Yeah but this time he didn't record here with us because it would have been too much cost and hassle for some guest vocal lines. He recorded this with his friend Greg Laff in San Diego.
- Do you have any special guests on your upcoming CD?
- Again we have thought about and discussed some options but those are really the last things in order after recordings from us are done.
- Do you still play live any songs from your first album? Stylistically they are quite different from what you play today.
- We do play Liquifying Cerebral Hemispheres and Prelude To The Tragedy quite regularly. You're right, most of these songs wouldn't fit with the rest of the set-list but there might be a surprise for all "Prelude" fans after our next album...
- In 2013 you visited Russia and Belarus with several concerts. As far as I know it was your first visit to Minsk, What do you think about local fans?
- It was our first time in Belarus, yes. Minsk was quite awesome I remember. Huge venue and the fans were going nuts!! We'd like to come back there one day for sure!
- Can we expect to see Defeated Sanity with tour in Europe this year?
- Sorry to say this but I think not. We have some weekend shows and fests in Europe (Brutal Assault for example), a long US tour in summer and maybe another intercontinental tour near the end of the year. Europe will get a full tour next year for sure!
- Thank you for the interview, Jacob! Do you have a few words to our readers?
- Thank you too. Everyone stay tuned for our new record! Seriously, this shit will not be your normal Brutal Death or even Defeated Sanity album! Come to our shows and hang out, we appreciate your support, Cheers!